The island of Seychelles is an archipelago of 115 islands scattered across the Indian Ocean. An island known for its splendid beaches is where one could see hawksbill turtles come ashore in broad daylight to lay their eggs. Apart from its beautiful and sandy beaches, tourists enjoy Sailing, diving, and fishing are some of the main activities one could find in Seychelles. Most popular islands are Mahe, Praslin and La Digue. Mahe Island is the main gateway to Seychelles. Even Creole is the main language but English and French are widely spoken.
Mahe Island Seychelles
Mahe is the largest island in Seychelles. It also home to Victoria, Seychelles’ capital, known for Creole architecture and a colourful covered market with wares like fish, fruit and clothing.
Things to do in Mahe Island in Seychelles
- Beau Vallon Beach – Popular beach with snorkelling and eateries.
- Eden Island – is an artificial island which is lying 3.5 km from the capital Victoria. The island has many protected bays and beaches.
- Morne Seychelles National Park – This is a park and a popular place for hiking.
- Sir Selwyn Selwyn-Clarke Market. Victoria Market – No trip would be complete without covering this Market. Colourful places along with vegetables, fruits stalls sell spices and herbs as well. Early morning is the best time to come when fishmongers display an astonishing variety of seafood.
- Victoria Botanical Gardens – botanical gardens, full of streams and birdsong, are about a 10-minute walk south of the centre.it was established in 1901
- Sunset Beach – Cozy ocean spot for swims & snorkelling.
Hotels in Mahe Island
- The H Resort Beau Vallon Beach – The H Resort is just 30 minutes drive away from the Seychelles International Airport and 15 minutes away from the capital, Victoria. this intimate boutique resort is a natural representation of Seychellois authenticity.
- Banyan tree Seychelles – This hotel offers an intimate retreat experience featuring its own signature blend of romance, rejuvenation and originating sensuality. behind the resort is based on providing a place for rejuvenation of the body, mind and soul.
- Sunset Beach hotel – Hotel is an excellent place for rest and rejuvenation is well known for its quaint environment and proximity to great restaurants.
- Villa Rosica – A family residence in the heart of beau Vallon, with panoramic views. This colonial-style villa blends tradition and originality with the time of art hospitality.
Restaurants Mahe Island
- Eden – beach-side sanctuary providing a romantic atmosphere with beautiful views of Beau Vallon Beach, while serving the freshest seafood and assorted cuts from the creole inspired barbecue.
- Del Place Bar and Restaurant – Cuisines –Seafood, International
- Mahek Restaurant – CUISINES – Indian
- Seyshima – CUISINES – Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Seafood, Fusion
Praslin is another popular island in Seychelles and also the second-largest Island. It’s known for its extremely impressive beaches and rich tropical forest coating the hills. Praslin Island also is known for its 18 hole round of golf. So all you golf fans, it’s a great destination you should visit.
Things to do in Praslin Island
- Anse Lazio – The beach is bordered by large granite boulders, However, unlike other beaches in Seychelles, Anse Lazio is not protected by a coral reef.
- St. Pierre Island – Ile St. Pierre is an uninhabited island of Seychelles. It is located in the north of the island of Praslin in the east of Curieuse Island on the edge of the Curieuse Marine National Park.
- Praslin National Park – one of the most beautiful stands of forest anywhere in Seychelles.
- Vallée de Mai – It consists of well-preserved palm forest, flagship species made up of the island endemic coco de Mer, as well as five other endemic palms. Also unique to the park is its wildlife, including birds such as the rare Seychelles black parrot, mammals, crustaceans, snails, and reptiles
Hotels in Praslin Island
- Coco De Mer Hotel And Black Parrot – Beauty, safety, peace, tranquillity and quality, surrounded by nature and Spacious grounds, comfortable rooms, private location and a friendly atmosphere offering spectacular views of the surrounding islands.
- Le Duc de Praslin – location combined with world-class facilities and amenities.
- Acajou Beach Resort – features 52 units across five different room categories, with comfortable beachfront accommodation, maintained friendly practices and facilities.
- Hotel L’Archipel – enjoys an idyllic setting with all rooms offering sea views, the best place to sit back, relax and enjoy the tranquillity.
Restaurants in Praslin Island
- Les Lauriers – Enjoy a range of delicious Creole salads and curries as well as a live BBQ where grill freshly caught local fish and meats.
- Pirogue Restaurant & Bar – CUISINES – Cajun & Creole, Seafood
- Cafe des Arts – CUISINES – Seafood
- Restaurant Paradisier – CUISINES – Italian, Pizza, Seafood, Mediterranean, European