Russia is known to be a spectacular city to visit by many tourists. Spieaclly the two great cities of Moscow and St Petersburg has much to offer for a tourist.
Moscow which is the capital shows the countries architectural beauty while preserving it in the modern days. Moscow is a great tourist destination for those who love the prehistoric architecture of Europe.
Places to visit in Moscow
The Red Square situated in Moscow, Russia separates the Kremlin, the former royal citadel and now the official residence of the President of Russia, from a historic merchant quarter known as Kitai-gorod.
2.St. Basil’s Cathedral
The Cathedral of Vasily the Blessed is situated in the Red Square in Moscow. This beautiful cathedral is commonly known as Saint Basil’s Cathedral. This Cathedral is also regarded as a symbol of the country. The colours, patterns and shapes are the culmination of a style that is unique to Russian architecture.
Gorky Central Park is another great place of attraction in Moscow. This park has activities such as cycling, rollerblading, beach volleyball, urban and extreme sports, table tennis and even pétanque. There are many bicycle- and skate-rental places around the Gorky Central Park for anyone who wants to rent one out for a ride.
The Kremlin is one of the most iconic places and also one of the key Landmarks that describes Russian heritage and culture. This is a fortified complex in the centre of Moscow, overlooking the Moskva River to the south, Saint Basil’s Cathedral and Red Square to the east, and the Alexander Garden to the west. This is the apex of Russian political power or the centre of political power in Russia. The Kremlin was once the centre of the Orthodox Church.
Moscow Hermitage Garden is known as popular recreations spot, this park is on Karetny Ryad Street. It is known for its cultural attractions and adjacent theatres. Regular events include opera, ballet and concerts.
Restaurants in Moscow Russia
- Danilovsky Market – Local markets are always a great place to see normal daily life in a new city. At Danilovsky Market in Moscow, you can find lots of fresh produce, spices, and plenty of delicious lunch varieties.
- Restaurant Bjorn – CUISINES – European, Swedish, Scandinavian, Danish, Norwegian. SPECIAL DIETS -Vegetarian-Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options.
- Megobari – Here, in a wooden oven, various kinds of Adzharian khachapuri with fillings for every taste are prepared; khinkali do according to ancient recipes – from chopped meat, in the hall, there is a brazier, where they cook shish kebabs. There are many wines from Georgia in the wine list.
- LavkaLavka Farm-to-table Restaurant – This is a modern Russian cuisine which is LavkaLavka, where all products are organic and come from Russian farmers. CUISINES – European, Contemporary, Russian, Healthy. SPECIAL DIETS – Vegetarian-Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten-Free Options.
Hotels in Moscow Russia
- Hotel Metropol Moscow – The luxurious five-star historical hotel in the very heart of Moscow. Maximum proximity to the main sightseeing of the city.
- Hilton Garden Inn Moscow Krasnoselskaya – This hotel is situated in Moscow, a 7-minute walk to Krasnoselskaya Metro Station, newly built Hilton Garden Inn Moscow Krasnoselskaya provides guestrooms with free WiFi. Among the various facilities.
- Novotel Moscow City – This hotel is Providing an ideal mix of value, comfort and convenience, it offers a trendy setting with an array of amenities designed for travellers.
- Radisson Collection Hotel: PALATIAL ELEGANCE ON THE MOSKVA RIVER Discover Moscow from one of its most iconic architectural symbols, nestled along the banks of the Moskva River.
The second-largest city in Russia, St. Petersburg is the country’s, cultural heart. It was the imperial capital for 2 centuries, having been founded in 1703 by Peter the Great, subject of the city’s iconic “Bronze Horseman” statue.
Things to do in St Petersburg, Russia
1.State Hermitage Museum
The State Hermitage Museum is about art and culture in Saint Petersburg. This is the second-largest art museum in the world, it was founded in 1764 when Empress Catherine the Great acquired an impressive collection of paintings from the Berlin merchant Johann Ernst Gotzkowsky.
The Peterhof Palace is a series of palaces and gardens located in Peterhof, The largest of Peterhof’s palaces looks truly imposing when seen from the Lower or Upper Gardens, but in fact, it is quite narrow and not overly large. Of its approximately thirty rooms, several deserve mention.
3.Church of the saviour on spilled board
The church of the Savior is one of the main sights of Saint Petersburg. The church is prominently situated along the Griboedov Canal, paved roads run along both sides of the Canal.
Nevsky Prospect is the main street in the city of St. Petersburg.
5.St. Isaac’s Cathedral
Saint Isaac’s Cathedral or Isaakievskiy Sobor is a cathedral that currently functions as a museum. It is dedicated to Saint Isaac of Dalmatia, a patron saint of Peter the Great, who had been born on the feast day of that saint. It was originally built as a cathedral but it was turned into a museum now.
The Leningrad Zoo is located in Alexander Park in the Petrogradskaya Storona. It was founded in 1865. it has about 2,000 animals from 410 species, including polar bears. This is one of the oldest Zoo in Russia.
The Griboyedov canal constructed in 1739. The Griboyedov Canal starts from the Moyka River near the Field of Mars. Its length is 5 kilometres with a width of 32 metres.
- Buterbrodskybar – CUISINES – Bar, European, Russian, Central European
- Teplo – CUISINES – European, Russian, Soups, Eastern European, Central European
- Banshiki – Banshiki is a traditional Russian cuisine restaurant. CUISINES –Russian, European, Central European
- Severianin – The Severianin is a sublimely classic Russian restaurant . CUISINES – European, Russian, Eastern European, Central European