Nuwara Eliya is a city in the central province. It was even known as ‘Little England. The naturally landscaped Hakgala Botanical Gardens displays roses and tree ferns, and shelters monkeys and blue magpies.
The climate is generally cool and rainy all year. The wettest months are October–December. The peak travel time is March-May
Attractions in Nuwara Eliya
Lake Gregory is a reservoir in the heart of the tea country hill city, Nuwara Eliya. This lake is popular for tourists who enjoy strolling the footpaths, taking out a swan-shaped pedal boat or trotting around on a pony.
Victoria Park, Nuwara Eliya
This is a public park which is most attractive, and best-maintained, town parks. Originally the park was the research field of Hakgala Botanical Garden.
Pedro Tea Factory
Pedro Tea Factory is one of the famous and oldest tea factories situated in the hill country in SriLanka. It can take a 20-minute guided tour of the factory, originally built in 1885. It is very enjoyable to see the process that goes into creating this simple drink every day. Photography inside the Factory premise is prohibited.
To get to the Pedro Tea Factory you can hire a tuk-tuk, or take a Ragalla bound bus.
Bale Bazaar is a famous place known as the winter market and one of the places to visit in Nuwara Eliya town, here where you can buy something memory. This is the cheapest market and where you can buy a variety of winter clothes.
Strawberry farms are one of the most key attractions in Nuwara Eliya. These are the most beautiful places where you can get your favourite strawberries. These fields are a great backdrop for the photographers who are trying to capture the scenic beauty of Nuwara Eliya. Here you can go around and pluck your own strawberries. These strawberries directly from the field to your plate.
Ambewela Farm is overall referred to as Little New Zealand because of its flourishing green grass spread over a large area and the place is too calm and peace for visitors. This place gives beautiful sceneries for the pictures and a place to enjoy when you walk bare on this farm. moreover, you can see cows and other cattle. Sometimes visitors might get a chance to observe milking a cow. Visitors can buy fresh dairy products from this farm as well.
Hakgala Botanical Garden
This is the place for nature where you can relax and be at peace. It is 28 square yards of nature and you can find all the colours and shades. This garden has a large number of flowers and non-native plants. These plants are divided into various small gardens like Upper Flower Garden, Fernery, Rock Garden, Arboretum, Rose Garden and Glass House.
- Jetwing St’Andrews – Along with an attached winery, this hotel has a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Free WiFi in public areas and free self parking are also provided.All 56 rooms feature thoughtful touches like bathrobes and slippers, plus free WiFi and LCD TVs with cable channels
- Araliya green hills hotel – Araliya Green Hills Hotel is an excellent choice for travelers visiting Nuwara Eliya, offering a family-friendly environment alongside many helpful amenities designed to enhance your stay.
- Galway heights hotel – Nestled among the rich greenery of the central hill country our hotel welcomes travellers to experience the wonderful hospitality of Sri Lanka.
- The golden ridge hotel – The Golden Ridge Hotel is located among the scenic landscapes and breathtaking valleys the resort will take you for a revival tour and give you’re the nature’s pleasures at its best luxurious accommodation features and latest amenities all together will make your vacation just splendid as you.
- Barnes Hall – Cuisines European, Asian, Sri Lankan, International, Special diets : Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options
- Tea Factory Hotel Restaurant – Cuisines Asian, Sri Lankan, Special diets : Vegan Options, Vegetarian Friendly
- Indian Summer – Cuisines Indian , Asian, Special diets : Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Halal, Gluten Free Options